Sidra Medical and Research Center is a state of the art academic medical center that will function to the level of the highest international standards. Its clinical focus is on the specialty care of women and children. Sidra’s Vision is: “Sidra Medical and Research Center will be a beacon of learning, discovery and exceptional care, ranked among the top medical centers in the world”. Achieving This Vision Will Encompass Three Essential ActivitiesWorld Class: Patient and Family Centered Care Health Education Biomedical DiscoverySidra works closely with Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar and Hamad Medical Corporation across all three activities to raise the standard of health and health care throughout the State of Qatar.DEPARTMENT/BRANCH PROFILE: The Infrastructure service enables the reliable and resilient provision of continuous and effective healthcare and life-science research services through a state-of-the-art infrastructure designed with high availability and robust technology. It ensures information stability, continuity, integrity and availability by developing and promoting new programs and technologies.JOB SUMMARY: The Engineer – Network is responsible for assisting the Sr Engineer – Network in analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. The incumbent performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets institution and user satisfaction. He/She also provides information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Participates in the network infrastructure implementation projects
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, LAN, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Configures and sets up Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Assists with setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, Wireless systems and security; Analyses and resolves faults, ranging from a major system crash to a forgotten password
- Works on assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support
- Assists in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Designs network infrastructure and security in accordance with the division standard technical blueprints
- Configures and installs client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems
- Maintains multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and performs regular maintenance
- Supports the Internet connectivity, services, and related issues
- Carries out the necessary capacity planning for the Voice, Data, wired and wireless network infrastructure
- Produces and maintains valid up-to-date documentation of the overall network and security facilities
- Participates in the implementation of management tools to enhance, monitor and conduct required capacity planning of the network infrastructure
- Monitors network usage and performs other related duties as needed upon request by the Senior Network Engineer
- Works closely with other departments/organizations and collaborates with other IT staff; managing the website and keeping internal networks running
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
In view of the evolving needs and opportunities within Sidra during this pre-operational phase, this position may be required to perform other duties as assigned and reporting relationships may vary.
Essential QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS – SELECTION CRITERIA : Preferred Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or any related field
- 8+ years’ experience in IP and network infrastructure implementation.
Certification and Licensure
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- CCIE routing and Switching, CCVP
- Familiarity with ITIL
Professional MembershipJob Specific Skills and Abilities
- Experience in designing LAN/WAN/WLAN in multi-protocol environments including routing/switching and network operating systems platforms.
- Experience in designing and implementing Wireless systems and Internet connectivity solutions.
- Oral and written communication to all levels of management, customers, and vendors.
- Skilled in project and time management to support multiple assignments.
- Problem solving and multitasking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience with DWDM solution and ring networks
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support
- Experience in healthcare settings