At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
As a member of the property management staff, this entry-level position contributes general knowledge and skill in technology to provide first- and some second-level support and break-fix (repairs, installations, maintenance of all property-based systems). Generally works under supervision and within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks. Responsible for performing repairs, installations, and maintenance of all property-based systems. Has knowledge of sophisticated technology equipment/processes and Marriott proprietary systems.
- Management of network, server, backup and related IT infrastructure
- Management of firewalls, VPN, remote desktop and related security systems
- Desktop support and troubleshooting
- Support for all mobile, telecommunication and related devices
- Support for laptop/desktop procurement, maintenance and security
- Maintenance of licensing and inventory records
- Maintenance of technical and support documentation
- Project management, technical support and problem solving for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- End user support to 30+ internal users and a number of external stakeholders
- Training and orientation for user community
- Budgeting and planning for IT function
- Development of effective vendor relationships
- Liaison with partner organizations to develop integration strategies and methodologies
- Execution of IT business recovery processes
- Monitor and respond timely to support tickets in the queue(s).
- Document Service Desk ticket tech notes for escalation or resolution of service requests.
- Send Corporate IT communications to internal customers.
- Support and maintenance of PCs including but not limited to:
- Complete PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software.
- Train new employees on the use of PC and other networked equipment using standard training documents.
- Assign users and computers to proper business groups in Active DirectoryPerform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection, and software issues
- Coordinate with authorized vendor for PC hardware repair.
- Monitor and remove virus, spy-ware, and other non-authorized software.
- Maintain and/or coordinate PC hardware inventory.
- Order and purchase standard equipment and software through approved vendors.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to priorities tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
- Ability to multi-task & work under pressure with limited resources
- Ability to appreciate “the big picture”, whilst having a talent for detail & an inherent thoroughness in task approach, follow-up & completion
- Excellent computer skills – sound knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation & DTP software packages, email, internet & intranet systems
- Previous experience in hotel, travel & tourism, service sector preferred
- Ability to inspire confidence & gain credibility with senior management
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
- High degree of personal loyalty & integrity
- Team player – with a sense of humor even in the face of adversity.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.