This role holder is responsible to successfully manage & deliver assigned IT projects and solutions around critical Airport Operational Systems such as AODB, GMS, ESB etc. and/or Oracle EBS (eBusiness Suit) modules such as Procurement, Finance and EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) and/or Airport IT projects such as Self Service, Smart Boarding, Service Delivery Management, ACDM. The project deliveries should be in compliance with the project standards and processes of HIA IT and QR IT, to meet defined business requirements within agreed timescales and cost.
Manager IT Projects is expected to have good understanding of airport domain knowledge and keep abreast of industry trends. He / She will be required to manage project teams of 5-10 members in on-site/offshore models involving business units of QR Group, suppliers and 3rd parties for managing enhancements & support of application and infrastructure while contributing to business – IT strategy & IT budgeting of the assigned LOBs
Key account-abilities include,
- Successful project management within given constraints
- Management of key stakeholders and their expectations
- Defining processes and advance planning for support of given systems
- Ensure to lead teams and take accountability for their performance and delivery
- Degree or Honors in Engineering/Computer Science/ Mathematics/Science
- Expert – minimum 7 years of job-related experience required
- 5-7 years of specialized technical experience, ideally within a project based IT environment.
- Minimum of 2-3 years as senior resource in IT projects.
- PMP, PRINCE 2 or similar certification
- Very Good communication skills
- Proven experience in providing exemplary software project management for large scale enterprise level systems
- Proven experience in software development and systems integration for large and mission critical systems
- In depth knowledge of aviation domain and related systems