The ENTERTAINER is looking for a Social Media Manager, based in their Qatar office. To maximize our brand engagement through all potential social channels globally whilst complying with our social media and marketing policies and guidelines.
Essential Duties – What are the main tasks for this job?
1. Creative content creation: source locally relevant content that can be used on our social platforms on a day-to-day basis. This can be done by visiting our merchants, pulling a quirky gif from the web, or by working with freelance videographers to create engaging videos for our content hub.
2. Social community management: maximize the engagement with our users and prospects through smart and responsive community management.
3. Blogger outreach: proactively engage with local bloggers and relevant niche influencers to establish long-term partnerships that are based on trust, transparency and mutual benefits and most importantly: Without offering large amounts of money for short-lived, one-time brand coverages. The ideal candidate is sociable, approachable and keen on making friends across various industry verticals.
- Drive and implement global social media strategy, whilst aligning on regional objectives.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the brand and act as a guardian of our brand identity.
- Share ideas with the central and regional teams about social stories and customer journeys to improve on-going acquisition and retention
- Help develop, monitor and approve content across all Social channels.
- Rigorously maintain the local and regional social media content calendar to deliver online campaigns and promotions on time and against budget
- Generate monthly reach and engagement reports and evaluate previous activations against their set objectives.
- Measure progress on own KPIs
- Plan against given timelines
- Manage the local budgets of all assigned channels
- # of active fans & followers
- # of likes, shares & comments per post
- Brand mentions & retweets
- Demographics & location
- Web and app traffic data
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or a related field
Key Competencies / Skills
- 2-5 years’ experience within the media field preferably within publishing, F&B, retail, FMCG or media industries (B2C)
- Immaculate English and Arabic written and spoken
- Advanced skills in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other social engagement Apps
Nice to have:
- Experience on agency side is a plus